Saturday, February 18, 2006

Marriage Is for Liking the World

Jack and May Musicant were married on September 14, 1941, and like most couples they had the joys and turbulences of love. They were very fortunate to meet and study the education Aesthetic Realism, founded by the poet and philosopher Eli Siegel (1902-78), and to learn that the purpose of love is to use another person to honestly like the world. Here are some early photographs of my parents around the time they married--photographs showing two people liking the world. I'm very grateful to my sister Judy Rappaport for preserving these photos. In a recent visit to her home, we had a moving time looking at them and talking about them.

I am immensely happy that because my parents wanted to value what they were learning, they enabled me to learn it, too. On result is my cherished marriage of 43 years to photographer and cameraman David Bernstein.
 
Blog Searches
Blogwise   Blogarama   News Is Free   Blogstreet   Feedster   Globe of Blogs   Blogdex   Bloghop   Blog Universe