Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Judy Rappaport and Alice Bernstein/Past and Present Join

One of our hopes in this blog is to relate the past to what is happening today. In the book Definitions and Comment, Being a Description of the World, Eli Siegel defines 214 words that are central in all philosophic thought, which the education Aesthetic Realism honors deeply, including: aesthetics, chemistry, space, truth, nature, existence, reality, and also some surprising terms: home, duty, actuality, humor.
In his definition of the Past, Mr. Siegel writes:
“The aim of history is to make past feeling felt more, or, simply, the past felt more. The past changes into the present by being remembered."
As my sister Judy Rappaport and I think and talk about the past and about our lives in the present, I love both past and present more--and I love my sister more than ever. Above is a photograph of us taken in my home in 2004 by my husband David Bernstein.
 
Blog Searches
Blogwise   Blogarama   News Is Free   Blogstreet   Feedster   Globe of Blogs   Blogdex   Bloghop   Blog Universe